- Bookings must be received in writing. At Home UK (London) Ltd will confirm availability within 24 hours of your request.
- On confirmation of the booking, the client will receive an invoice for a deposit of 25% which is to be paid immediately. The 25% deposit is not refundable if the booking is cancelled within one month of the arrival date. There will also be a non-refundable registration fee of £50.00.
- The client must inform At Home UK (London) Ltd all the details of the booking (names, ages, genders, allergies/special diets) in good time. Any special diets that incur extra expense for specific foods (i.e. gluten-free, lactose-free, nut allergies etc) will incur a supplementary daily charge (£4.00 per day) which will be passed on to the homestay host.
- Accommodation details will be sent to the client together with the full invoice. Full payment must be received at least two weeks before arrival date.
- The client must not enter into private arrangements with any hosts provided by At Home UK (London) Ltd nor discuss payments or finances with the hosts. Any extensions of bookings must be discussed with At Home UK (London) Ltd and not directly with the host. Confirmation of an extended booking must be made in writing.
- At Home UK (London) Ltd reserves the right to move guests from the homestay should there be a breach of contract in any way. At Home UK (London) Ltd also reserves the right to remove guests from a homestay if behaviour is unacceptable. Guests are expected to behave appropriately within the home.
- At Home UK (London) Ltd will never mix genders in homestay accommodation for under 18s without parental consent. At Home UK (London) Ltd will not place under 16s with over 18s without parental consent.
- Any delay in arrival must be communicated to At Home UK (London) Ltd.
- For individual accommodation, the guest must contact the host to advise on an approximate arrival time.
- One week is 7 nights. One month is 28 nights. Accommodation for less than one week will be invoiced at a pro-rata/daily rate.
- At Home UK (London) Ltd will provide a 24 hr emergency number during the stay.
- Full Board means Dinner on arrival, Breakfast, Packed Lunch and Dinner on consecutive days and Breakfast and Packed Lunch on the last morning.
- Half Board means Dinner on arrival, Breakfast and Dinner on consecutive days and Breakfast on the last morning.
- Bed and Breakfast means Breakfast on the morning following arrival and consecutive days until Breakfast on the last morning.
- Self-Catering means that the guests are responsible for preparing their own meals.
Payments and Cancellation Charges
- All payments must be made directly to At Home UK (London) Ltd bank via bank transfer and must be in pounds sterling.
- All bank charges must be paid by the client, including bank charges in the UK (approx. £10.00).
- A payment of 25% deposit is payable when the booking is confirmed.
- The final invoice must be paid at least two weeks before the arrival. Any additional transactions will be done by supplementary invoice or credit note. At Home UK (London) Ltd reserves the right to cancel a booking if payment has not been received in due time.
- Any cancellations must be made in writing.
- If the booking is cancelled within one month of the arrival date the 25% deposit is not refundable.
- If the booking is cancelled within two weeks of the arrival date 50% cancellation charges will be applied.
- If the booking is cancelled within one week of the arrival date there will be no refund.
- If the client does not arrive at the homestay (“no show”) there will be no refund.
- If the client is entitled to a refund, payment will not include any bank charges or surcharges the client may have had to pay.
- The client agrees that the information provided by At Home UK (London) Ltd remains at all times the sole property of At Home UK (London) Ltd.
- In line with the Data Protection Act, homestay information provided by At Home UK (London) Ltd must not be divulged to other parties not involved in the contract. The homestay information provided by At Home UK (London) Ltd must NEVER be displayed on the internet, social media, school website, agency website, any other portal or public place. All homestay information must be dealt with responsibly during the stay and disposed of responsibly at the end of the stay. Information on homestays for groups (homestay lists) must not be left at the homestay.
- The client must ensure that the guest/s are adequately covered by insurance to cover emergencies (e.g. accident, illness, theft, loss of property, damage to property etc).
Complaints and Damages
- Any complaints must be discussed and dealt with during the stay. At Home UK (London) Ltd will endeavour to resolve issues within 24/48 hours.
- Any damage suffered by the guest or the homestay must be discussed and resolved during the stay.
- Complaints received after the guests have returned to their country cannot be accepted.
- Please confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the above Terms and Conditions.